Notes & Acknowledgements
- These thirty three line pieces were written daily, exclusively for National Poetry Writing Month (#NaPoWriMo) 2016 and to be shared via Instagram – @pearldiver32
- They respond to writing prompts from Lagan Press, @thepoetryschool (on Instagram) and NaPoWriMo site – often using a mix of prompts.
- The title is in honour of Lorine Niedecker and her ‘condensery’ – in keeping with the backdrop of this blog.
- I have a fascination with tristichs since meeting them in the poetry of Yannis Ritsos and it was interesting to fit other forms within the confines of three lines. Sometimes it didn’t work so well, like the three-line couplet. The ‘One Verse Terza Rima’ gave this piece something extra, I think. The plural is tristichs not tristiches…sometimes I get the wrong end of the stich.
- All the images are mine, except the Concentrating Kingfisher – image credit: coniferconifer – allfreedownload
Olive Broderick © 2016